Sunday, October 9, 2011

So What's New Blog Hop Day 2

If your coming from Lori's blog @ www. blogginthecrafts.blogspot.com  then your in the right sopt.

I saw a friend (Sharon Heckstall) do this cute little money holder.  I thought this would be a good idea for me with Christmas coming up. This will give me a place to put the amount of money I plan to spend on each child in one place.  So once I have used all of that childs money on their toys, thats it.  This would also be great for weddings. So here's my spin on this.

I first started out with just plain white envelopes.  I glued four of them together and then i cut them down to 4".


Next I cut the paper I was going to use the same width as the envelope. I left the length longer than length cut because i was adding a flap for closure.



Here's waht the inside will look like


Next I cut tags from A Child's Year cartridge at 3.75" and I inked the edges.  I did tags because I could write my nieces and nephew Christmas list on there and also their clothes and shoe sizes.


This is how they look in the envelopes.  Sorry I didnt have any cash to put in there to show.


Added a Mrs. Claus to the front. I cut her from Paperdoll Dress Up and i cut her out at 3.50".  I added pearls to side and a red rhinestone in the middle.


And this fits perfectly in my purse.  Thanks for stopping by.

I will offering blog candy, sorry no picture available (I just got my car fixed and havent been able to get to the store) but I promise it will be something good.  In order to qualify for my blog candy you, need to a US resident, become a follower of mines, and leave a comment. You have until Sunday October 16th 12:01 AM. 

**Also Leah @ mycraftandchatcafe.blogspot.com  will also be offering blog candy.  You have until October 16th at 12:01 AM.  You need to be a U.S. resident, become a follower of each blog in the hop and leave a comment on all blog posts.

Next stop on the blog hop is Karen @ http://www.karenscraftyspot.blogspot.com/











18 comments:

L.B. said...

Hope you can contain yourself and not overspend...that is hard for me..very cute

Leah said...

Love your project. Christmas is right around the corner and I haven't even gotten past Halloween projects! You go girl! Thanks for being part of the hop. Hope you had fun!

Crafty hugs,
Leah

Hrvatica said...

Great project. Love that sparkly red paper.

Unknown said...

Loved your paper :)
TFS
Hugs
Adele

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Very creative and cute and will give this a try because I have 8 Grandchildren and need to get each the same amount of money put away for next year!! This year is already done and ready for Christmas! TFS!!

if you would like to be reminded about my Birthday blog hop in November, sign up for my blog through "follow me by e mail"!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

Ms.Mara said...

What a cute idea especially if it helps you not over spend! I have that problem every year.

Thanks for sharing

Judy said...

So cute for Christmas with Mrs. Claus and a little bling! I can see making these for lots of occasions with different 'decor' -- great idea! New follower...
jejaeb (at) cfl (dot) rr (dot) com
scrappinana.blogspot.com

joydee1963 said...

I love your projects! I am a new follower of your blog,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

Kim M. said...

Great idea! Good for those of who sometimes overspend.

Kim Maehrer
kkmaehrer@gmail.com

Mona said...

Thank you fro sharing! Love this project and will be making them for the holidays!

Annette said...

Love your sparkly red paper and directions. I'm thinking you are way ahead of me on the Christmas ideas:) I better get moving!

pattyk said...

Very cute idea.thanks for sharing

FindingMe said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Love the idea and it should help me stay in budget - I could see this morphing into all sorts of cash n' carry projects! Thanks, Trenise!

Debby Pannell said...

Great idea for keeping track of their wish list, clothes sizes, money and receipts of what you bought. Will have to make one for this Christmas. TFS
TTFN from a new follower. dpookybear at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Great idea! Less than 3 months to go!

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

Very cute idea!!! tfs

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great project... we can always use money holder for Christmas. TFS

Donald Smith said...

Business Card Tempalte
We are an online printing company offering custom business cards,brochures,stickers, and flyers. We offer quality products for your business needs

Post a Comment